NovaGlobal was formally established in 1996. Our first product, the AlphaSTORM line of high performance workstation and server systems based on the 64-bit Alpha CPU architecture had substantial success in both academic and research communities, as well as important wins among local 3-D engineering (CAD) and multimedia rendering users. Our customised, embedded Alpha configurations had also found their way to overseas research deployment as well.
NovaGlobal was one of the earliest companies to deploy a Beowulf cluster in Singapore way back in September 1997, with the Institute of Molecular & Cell Biology (IMCB) being its first customer.
We have expanded into software, especially solutions designed around Open Source software, Services and Technical Support on annual basis, commercial software such as IBM GPFS, RHEL, Accelrys suite, Pathscale and Intel Software.
Our philosophy is simple, "To deliver what we promised to the Customer, on time".
NovaGlobal Private Limited is a Singapore-based company operating primarily in the ASEAN region including Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand & Vietnam.
The company is a leading system integrator for HPCC (High Performance Computing Clusters). It partners IBM in deploying cutting-edge technologies such as xCAT (Extreme Cluster Administration Toolkit) and GPFS (General Parallel File System). The company is a pioneer in deploying Infiniband-based clusters in the region.
As a leader in providing solutions for computational science, NovaGlobal is partnering Accelrys as the sole distributor to actively address emerging opportunities in computational chemistry, biochemistry and nanoscience. The vision is to be a leading SBI (Scientific Business Intelligence) system solution provider deploying Accelrys’ Pipeline Pilot as the scientific informatics platform of choice.
With the acquired expertise in building and managing HPC systems, the company is positioning itself to be an early adopter of Cloud Computing technology. NovaGlobal is partnering closely with Adaptive Computing Enterprises to address opportunities emerging in the region.
NovaGlobal’s capabilities and expertise span the following areas:
- Server Systems and integration of 64-bit technology including IBM Power, AMD Opteron and Intel EM64T
- Linux and Unix (AIX) services for 64-bit systems.
- Design & build complete Linux infrastructures and solutions including HPC Clusters; and Grid systems to support technical & scientific applications.
- High-availability (HA) fail-over clusters
- Applications support for HPC in Bioscience & Materials Science
- Consulting and deployment of Grids & Cloud Computing
- Consultation for Automated Workflow in Scientific Intelligence
- Linux and Windows Cluster training for customers.
The company’s business focus can be summarized based on the figure below: